Platinum Point – As the name indicates, this 43 acres district is a collection of fine houses built by wealthy Newnan citizens. Developed just north of town along a major highway, Platinum Point emerged with the increased use of automobiles. The automobile influence is evident by the many out-buildings used mostly as car garages. The earliest building in the district is the 1895 Queen Anne style house with asymmetrical massing and wraparound porch. Built in a park-like atmosphere, the district presents an excellent and diverse variety of Revival Style architecture popular in the early 20th century.