Newnan Cotton Mill and Mill Village
Newnan Cotton Mill and Mill Village – Newnan latest site on the National Register was listed in April 2002. The Newnan Cotton Mill was established in 1888 along the A & WP (now CSX) Railroad on East Washington Street. The Mill Village sprung up in the surrounding area, bordered by the railroad on the west, Washington Street on the south, Wilcoxen Street on the north, and Farmer Street on the east. The area is still a fine example of early 20th century Georgia mill villages, while the mill itself now serves as the home of an upscale loft apartment complex.