Newnan to Participate in #CityHallSelfie Day, August 13
NEWNAN, Ga., - Get your angles, lighting, and smiles ready - the 6th annual #CityHallSelfie Day is Friday, August 13, 2021!
#CityHallSelfie Day is a worldwide celebration of local government service, hosted by Engaging Local Government Leaders (ELGL). It showcases pride in local government institutions. Local government employees, elected officials, media, and community members are invited to participate on #CityHallSelfie Day.
Last year, the City of Newnan was awarded Most Unique #CityHallSelfie by ELGL and Bang the Table.
#CityHallSelfie Day is online picture sharing in front of city halls and other government buildings. Participants take a self-portrait (selfie) in front of city hall, and share it using the hashtag #CityHallSelfie. #CityHallSelfie Day is managed by ELGL, Engaging Local Government Leaders network. ELGL is a professional organization of 4,800 people who work for and with local government.
How to Participate:
1. On Friday, August 13, stop by Newnan City Hall, located at 25 LaGrange Street, and take a selfie in front of City Hall!
2. Post the selfie to social media with the hashtag #CityHallSelfie & tag the City of Newnan! Taking a photo from home this year? Make sure you use the hashtags #CityHallSelfie AND #CityHomeSelfie
3. Tag us @cityofnewnan on Facebook, @cityofnewnanga on Twitter, @cityofnewnanga on Instagram!
4. Tag ELGL at @ELGLNetwork on Facebook, @ELGL50 on Twitter, @ELGL50 on Instagram!
Each year, ELGL celebrates #CityHallSelfie award winners in multiple categories. Start planning today to win a #CityHallSelfie trophy and swag! This year's award categories include:
- Members Choice Award: #CityHallSelfie Excellence
- Best Community Engagement for #CityHallSelfie Day
- Most Creative #CityHallSelfie
- State with the Most #CityHallSelfies
- Best Dressed #CityHallSelfie
- Best Hat in #CityHallSelfie
- Best #CityHallSelfie Photography
- Best Use of #CityHallSelfie Props
- #CityHallSelfie with the Most Famous Person
- Funniest #CityHallSelfie
- Most Historic #CityHallSelfie
- Best #CityHallSelfie Lighting
- Most Selfies Taken by One Person on #CityHallSelfie Day
- #CityHallSelfie from the City with the Largest Population
- #CityHallSelfie from the City with the Smallest Population
- Best #CityHallSelfie by a Newspaper/TV Reporter
- Best #CityHallSelfie by a Community Member
- Best Promotion of #CityHallSelfie by a Government Entity
- Best Promotion of #CityHallSelfie by a Non-Governmental Entity
Engaging Local Government Leaders (ELGL) is an "accidental professional association" that began in Portland, Oregon in 2012 with a 16 member dinner group. Today, ELGL has grown to over 4,800 members from all 50 states plus Canada, UK, Israel, and Australia.
Focused on all levels of local government (from analysts to mayors; librarians to planners; and everyone in between), ELGL's mission is to engage the brightest minds in local government by providing timely and relevant content through podcasts, blogs, webinars, social media and conference gathering, with the objective of fostering authentic and meaningful connections that are grounded in practices of equity and inclusion.