About the Newnan Fire Department
The City of Newnan Fire Department (NFD) was established in 1894 and is located in Newnan, Georgia, approximately 30 miles southwest of Atlanta. Our department provides Basic Life Support Emergency Medical Services, Fire Suppression, Fire Prevention, and Education, Extrication, Hazardous Materials Response, and Technical Rescue to the citizens of our community.
We currently employ 61 personnel. The department operates out of four stations to protect and serve approximately 40,000 residents. There are over 12,293 single-family residences and many large apartments and condominium complexes within the city limits. The city is also the home of many large department stores, restaurants, and retail outlets. There are many major industrial plants located in the city.
The department consists of four stations:
- Station No. 1: 23 Jefferson Street
- Station No. 2: 1516 Lower Fayetteville Road
- Station No. 3: 138 Temple Avenue
- Station No. 4: 3 Farmer Commercial Park Drive
The Newnan-Coweta Public Safety Traning Complex is located at 473 Greison Trail. At the training complex, fire personnel train in various areas, from basic firefighting techniques to advanced tactical rope rescue. The training complex consists of a live burn building, training tower with an electrical simulator and a defensive driver's course.
The City of Newnan Fire Department is part of the West Georgia Hazardous Material Team. The West Georgia Hazardous Material team was established in 1995 to assist other fire departments such as Bremen, Carroll County, City of Carrollton, Haralson County, Heard County, and Tallapoosa. In addition to the areas previously listed, the West Georgia Hazardous Material team is in conjunction with the Georgia Mutual Aid Group or Federal Government may request assistance in the mitigation of incidents involving hazardous materials including fuels, chemicals, radiological materials, biological agents and weapons of mass destruction.
Engage with us on social media!