Fire Marshall Q and A
Frequently asked questions relating to the Fire Marshal at City of Newnan:
- Where can I obtain a burn permit?
- When is the burn ban?
- How many fire extinguishers should I have?
- How high should the fire extinguishers be hung?
- When do I need an inspection?
- Can I burn in the city?
- To obtain a burn permit, you must get a permit from the Fire Marshal at City of Newnan. If you obtain a burn permit, you must be 200 feet from any resident.
- You can call Georgia Forestry to get more information about burning. The number is: (770) 254-7217
- There should be at least 2 fire extinguishers within reaching distance if there is any cooking.
- Per the ADA regulations, fire extinguishers should be hung 48 inches to the top of the extinguishers’ handle.
- Inspections are annual, call the Fire Marshal to set up an appointment.
- You cannot burn in the city without a burn permit from the Fire Marshal